Mission Pain Self-Management Education and Support Group
Is pleased to present the following Pain Self-Management Education Event, Monday April 23rd, 2018 from 1 to 3:30 PM.
Download event poster
- Take back control of life.
- Pain self-management is learning to live easier with pain "You too can live easier with pain"
- The Pain Toolkit is a simple guide that gives you some handy tips and skills to help you to understand and manage pain better! “
- It is not about “not doing things” it is about “doing things differently”
- Does your pain interfere with most areas of your life?
- Do you want to know how to live easier with your pain?
- If you said YES, then this event is for you!!
Presenters and Topics
Heather Divine, CEO of People in Pain Network, with over 25 years of experience helping other's to manage their persistent pain, to introduce People in Pain Network and the Canadian Pain Toolkit, and the importance of Pacing your daily activities.
Lynn Cameron, Peer leader for the Mission PSMES (Pain self-management education and support ) group who lives with persistent pain, will speak about Acceptance.
BREAK short break to allow to move around and visit the displays
Alenna Langhorst, from UR Yoga will talk about how we can "turn down" our pain volume.
Heather and Lynn, Importance of pain self-management and how it's practice can help to improve the quality of your life. followed by a question and answer period.
Questions email firstname.lastname@example.org